[OpenIndiana-discuss] Fwd: [oi-dev] [call for testing] KPTI images

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Mar 6 08:04:40 UTC 2018

On 03/06/18 08:57 AM, Francis.D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Download and install in Virtualbox. Installation process work perfectly,
> Installation gimp, filezilla, inkscape, Libreoffice52 work with a repo
> sfe.   Installation developer/gcc - gcc-49 build/cmake- cmake/src work but
> when I tried to make a compilation of vlc 3.0.1 doesn't work. error message
> gcc
>
> Some basic software such as smplayer, vlc, clementine, yarock are missing
> in the repository.
>
> For multimedia, this is currently inadequate
>
> basic hardware motherboard asus m5n, AMD Phenom x2 550, 4 go ram, ati 5450
> video card,Sound card asus d1 (driver cmi8788) not found.
>
> In the next few days, I'll try an installation on pc.
>
> regard

Hi.
1) Current testing is not related to multimedia, we want to know general
user experience with new illumos-gate bits.
2) You can always use http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster-encumbered/
repository to get a basic set of multimedia packages (basically, vlc and
gstreamer codecs).
3) If you find that some software is missing, nothing prvents you from
adding it to oi-userland. There's always an issue - the more software we
have, more power we need to support it. And with basic  team of 3-5 men
it's a big problem.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,