[OpenIndiana-discuss] Pulseaudio now delivered as 64-bit by default.

Aurelien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 18:52:08 UTC 2018

Hello,

Le Samedi 10 mars 2018, Francis.D a écrit :
> After updating and rebooting, I have a good sound improvement on my Lenovo
> Laptop T400.
>
> It's not as strong as under Linux in comparaison  but there is a good
> improvement.
>
> big thank

Good to hear!

With some chipsets it seems that the sound level can be further increased since pulseaudio may only use the volume set by OSS as maximum limit.
The default setting for OSS is 75% of the maximum provided by the hardware, so setting the volume control with audioctl may improve the situation.

> > Hi,
> > Pulseaudio is now delivered as 64-bits in /usr/bin.
> > As usual Pulseaudio may not able to cope with its own configuration files
> > when version or bitness is changed ...
> > If Pulseaudio does not start after reboot, you may need to remove the
> > configuration files in ~/.config/pulse/ ...
> >
> > Aurelien
> >
> > --
> > ---
> > Praise the Caffeine embeddings