[OpenIndiana-discuss] Audio issue (was: BTX halted)

Priyadarshan oi at priyadarshan.com
Tue Mar 20 14:17:59 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-20 14:21, Francis.D wrote:
> hi,
>
> On your Lenovo W541 did you test the sound?
> Does the sound work fully for you  on realtek HD driver ?
>

> Because for me on all my installation the sound doesn't work properly.
> I've already posted on the channel but there doesn't seem to be a
> solution
> that works.
> So I'm curious about the sound experience of other users
>
> regard

Hello,

Yes, I had the same issue.

I fixed it with the steps detailed in a previous mail:
https://openindiana.org/pipermail/openindiana-discuss/2018-March/021949.html

Admittedly, they are a bit unrefined (sorry about that).

Aurelien Larcher's replies showed the proper way of investigating and
fixing that issue.

Priyadarshan

PS: I love OpenIndiana! If only I could have it run on our workstations,
it would be my dream OS.