[OpenIndiana-discuss] BTX halted

Priyadarshan oi at priyadarshan.com
Tue Mar 20 14:26:28 UTC 2018

On 2018-03-20 11:03, bscuk2 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I came across this post which may help.
>
> Robert
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/294364/btx-halted-when-i-trying-to-install-freebsd-10-3-on-my-notebook-i-got-this-mess

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the pointer. I did try "burning" the image to various USB
sticks, and verifying the SHA sum.

Also, the same stick was booting fine on a ThinkPad.

I feel now that it could be some subtle mismatch between current
bootloader and firmaware in use on the workstations.

I have not stopped trying though.

I am just waiting for upcomig OpenIndiana April release, hoping it will
bring UEFI boot (one can always hope), and those issues will go away.

I am itching to become a more active contributor to OpenIndiana, perhaps
some contributions to docs and userland.

But until I have a properly working OI on workstations too I do not feel
confident enough.

Thank you again,

Priyadarshan