[OpenIndiana-discuss] Audio issue (was: BTX halted)

Francis.D angetao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 02:55:08 UTC 2018

I took a test today! I installed XstreamOS and the sound problem is the
same.

I've done all the ordering suggests either:

# rm /dev/audio
# rm /dev/audioctl
# rm /dev/dsp
create new
# ln -s /dev/sound/1 /dev/audio
ln -s /dev/sound/1ctl /dev/audioctl
# ln -s /dev/dsp1 /dev/dsp

to see settings before/after change use
ls -l /dev/audio
ls -l /dev/audioctl
ls -l /dev/dsp
to see available options
cat /dev/sndstat
ls /dev/sound

The result is the same as on OI This doesn't work.

I have 4 different pc and 4 different hardware configuration and on all
the sound doesn't work or is very limited.

I launched an old solaris 11.3 liveDVD from last year to test the sound. On
the 4 PCs the sound is perfect under Solaris.  I also thought the problem
was OSS! But under XstreamOS I installed alsamixer but it didn't work
anymore.

Maybe have to look Ilumos Kernel side if we have incompatibility.
I don't know !  I can't say any more.