[OpenIndiana-discuss] OmniOS CE LX Zones and bhyve

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Fri May 18 22:04:06 UTC 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 11:56 PM, Rasaki Temidire <rasaki at me.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Are there any plans to pull in any of the recent additions from omniOS CE
> illumos work that introduced LX zones and bhyve?  If it is already in the
> openIndiana repository, how can I update my current hipster 2018.04
> installation to take in those additions?  If not, are there any plans to
> pull those additions in or is openIndiana going to stay on vanilla
> illumos-gate like Tribblix (although he has an omniOS variant of late with
> the changes).

The project needs help to pull this type of thing and maintain it in the
long run.
Unless one or two persons volunteer and commit to rebase the branch once in
a while OpenIndiana will stay vanilla.
There is already quite a lot of work ongoing for modernizing the toolchain
and maintain the current set of packages.
LX itself is scattered across 900+ commits and merging it cleanly would
take a considerable amount of dedication :)

Kind regards,

Aurélien

> Rasaki

---