[OpenIndiana-discuss] installing on Gigabyte H370M motherboards?

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Thu Nov 1 12:46:44 UTC 2018

On 1/11/2018 1:37 PM, Carl Brewer wrote:

The HCL says that the Intel I219 V Ethernet card is supported, I'm
seeing it not, the ID it's showing as is 8086,15bc
This is very close to, but not the same as, most of the other Intel
I219's that show up in the HCL here :
https://www.illumos.org/hcl/
eg :
Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I219-V

     Driver: e1000g
     PCI ID: 8086,1570
     Originating manifest: driver-network-e1000g.mf

I wonder if it's difficult to tweak the driver to recognise the
8086,15bc and get the e1000g driver to work for it?

Clues?

Carl