[OpenIndiana-discuss] MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Oct 15 07:04:42 UTC 2018

On 10/14/18 17:12, Michal Nowak wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as part of preparations for the 2018.10 snapshot, MATE 1.20 and GTK+3
> 3.24.1 were published to the hipster repo. Once you update you system,
> you will have them.
>
> If you have a custom theme which worked with MATE 1.18 it may not work
> with the updated GTK+3. In that case you may revert in "Appearance
> Preferences" to a stock MATE theme or to our default Nimbus one.
>
> Michal
Hi Michal,

I have update OI this morning and after boot, I am faced with 6-7 time
higher load on box, running nothing!
It is impossible to run anything, even terminal - because I have to wait
2-3 seconds for response.
I did not bother to analyze, just reverted to previous BE...

Top processes shows
* /usr/lib/amd64/mate-settings-daemon/mate-settings-daemon
* caja

as most busiest ones... Terminator (terminal emulation) is so slow (as
well as whole system) and irresponsible that I just gave up.

Do you have any idea what could be causing it? Or how to check what is
show stopper?

BTW, this is latest change I have catch up with BE update:
https://hipster.openindiana.org/jenkins/job/oi-userland/4254/changes

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević

Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst
2e Systems GmbH

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!