[OpenIndiana-discuss] OpenIndiana Hipster live DVD and USB won't boot all the way

Carl Brewer carl at bl.echidna.id.au
Tue Oct 16 01:51:53 UTC 2018

On 3/10/2018 5:52 AM, Will Brokenbourgh wrote:

> I finally figured out how to continue from the debugger prompt, but it
> still hangs at a certain point after that.  I was unable to make the
> debugger interactive at the hang, so I just took a picture of the screen
> and transcribed the text.
>
> I will go ahead and file a problem report and hopefully there will be
> enough information for a fix.

Hey Will et al,
It looks like the Joyent guys fixed it, and rolled the fix back into
illumos :

https://www.illumos.org/issues/9823

Is there any chance of a hipster release with the updated illumos kernel
"soon"? Or if not, is anyone reading this able to build up a snapshot
that might work on coffee-lake and kaby-lake chipset motherboards?

Thank you,
Carl