[OpenIndiana-discuss] MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Thu Oct 18 14:59:40 UTC 2018

On 10/18/18 05:55 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> This is strange, why in the world should the settings-daemon
> read the fontpathes in an infinite loop ? Looks like its constantly
> thinking the mate font configuration has changed.

I don't know about infinite loop, but you'll see libfontconfig iterating
through all the fonts in all the directories when it thinks its font
caches are out of date.   On Solarish systems, we have an SMF service
svc:/application/font/fc-cache to ensure the caches are up-to-date at
system boot and when IPS packages with fonts are installed, so it would
be good to check that's running and not reporting any errors in the SMF
logs for it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc