[OpenIndiana-discuss] MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Michal Nowak mnowak at startmail.com
Fri Oct 19 16:01:06 UTC 2018

On 10/18/18 04:59 PM, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 10/18/18 05:55 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>> This is strange, why in the world should the settings-daemon
>> read the fontpathes in an infinite loop ? Looks like its constantly
>> thinking the mate font configuration has changed.
>
> I don't know about infinite loop, but you'll see libfontconfig iterating
> through all the fonts in all the directories when it thinks its font
> caches are out of date.   On Solarish systems, we have an SMF service
> svc:/application/font/fc-cache to ensure the caches are up-to-date at
> system boot and when IPS packages with fonts are installed, so it would
> be good to check that's running and not reporting any errors in the SMF
> logs for it.

At the very same time we updated MATE we also bumped fontconfig to
2.13.1 (https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/4494). Aurélien,
any ideas?

Predrag, do you have fontconfig 2.13.1? And by a chance can you check
that you don't have a symlink loop from /usr/share/fonts to
/etc/X11/fontpath.d or something like that?