[OpenIndiana-discuss] SOLVED: MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Oct 23 19:42:18 UTC 2018

On 10/23/18 07:38 AM, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
> What I wanted to say is, if desktop relies heavily of ownership (???) of
> directory /var/cache/fontconfig, maybe that package has to check it (pkg
> verify?)

IPS packages are just data, they can't run commands like pkg verify - unlike
other package systems, there is no scripting.

The closest that could happen would be adding it to the fc-cache service -
packages that deliver fonts trigger a refresh of this service to update the
caches.

	-Alan Coopersmith-               alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
	 Oracle Solaris Engineering - https://blogs.oracle.com/alanc