[OpenIndiana-discuss] SOLVED: MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Oct 24 07:09:24 UTC 2018

On 10/23/18 21:42, Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 10/23/18 07:38 AM, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
>> What I wanted to say is, if desktop relies heavily of ownership (???) of
>> directory /var/cache/fontconfig, maybe that package has to check it (pkg
>> verify?)
>
> IPS packages are just data, they can't run commands like pkg verify -
> unlike
> other package systems, there is no scripting.
>
> The closest that could happen would be adding it to the fc-cache service -
> packages that deliver fonts trigger a refresh of this service to update the
> caches.

I still do not understand why this:
$ find /var/cache/fontconfig/ -type f | wc -l
32766

That is simply too much!

$ pkg verify pkg:/system/library/fontconfig
[Returns nothing]

$ pkg fix pkg:/system/library/fontconfig
No updates necessary for this image.

That is not too much in size, though:
$ du -shc /var/cache/fontconfig/
44M     /var/cache/fontconfig/
44M     total

Can someone share his /var/cache/fontconfig/ details (on desktop, using
OI /hipster)? Just to compare ...

I do not have load problems anymore, only curious...

With best regards.

--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!