[OpenIndiana-discuss] SOLVED: MATE 1.20 and updated GTK+3 for hipster

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Wed Oct 24 10:42:25 UTC 2018

On 10/24/18 12:07, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 24/10/2018 09:09, Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst wrote:
>>>
>>> IPS packages are just data, they can't run commands like pkg verify -
>>> unlike
>>> other package systems, there is no scripting.
>>>
>>> The closest that could happen would be adding it to the fc-cache
>>> service -
>>> packages that deliver fonts trigger a refresh of this service to
>>> update the
>>> caches.
>>>

>> I still do not understand why this:
>> $ find /var/cache/fontconfig/ -type f | wc -l
>> 32766
>>
>> That is simply too much!
>>
>> $ pkg verify pkg:/system/library/fontconfig
>> [Returns nothing]
>>
>> $ pkg fix pkg:/system/library/fontconfig
>> No updates necessary for this image.
>>
>> That is not too much in size, though:
>> $ du -shc /var/cache/fontconfig/
>> 44M     /var/cache/fontconfig/
>> 44M     total
>>

>> Can someone share his /var/cache/fontconfig/ details (on desktop, using
>> OI /hipster)? Just to compare ...
>>

> Just for reference: A (fontwise) well equipped OI_151a9 has between
> 150 and 200 files with about 9-11 MB contents. The hipster server
> without Mate actively running has 11MB and 175 files. A second
> older hipster server without Mate usage is at 200 files and 5 MB.
>
> Maybe the high number comes from the fact that it just repeatedly
> renewed the caches ? Does it still fill up to that number if you
> remove all those cachefiles ?

Right now ("beast" grows):
$ find /var/cache/fontconfig/ -type f | wc -l
119050

$ du -shc /var/cache/fontconfig/
140M    /var/cache/fontconfig/

I will stop font cache; remove files; fix package (if that is still
valid); start font cache.

expect my comeback, with some details, after some monitoring time again...

With best regards.
Predrag Zečević
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!