[OpenIndiana-discuss] compile package

Jean-Pierre jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 10 07:20:03 UTC 2018

Francis.D wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to compile smplayer. I have previously installed gcc + automake
> + autoconf
>
> I downloaded the source package smplayer-18.6.0.tar.bz2 package and unzip.
> Then I executed the command cd
> root at oifanboy:~/downloads/smplayer-18.6.0#
> When I run the command ./configure I always get this message
> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory

Being curious, I downloaded the source file, and there is
no configure in it (actually there are a couple of them, but
they are not targeted at building smplayer).

There is a Makefile, which relies on qmake, so you have to
install qt and adjust the Makefile to the current version of
qt and to the appropriate paths...

qt is apparently available on
http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih/en/catalog.shtml

This is a good start for learning how to develop or port
applications to OI.