[OpenIndiana-discuss] compile package

Predrag Zečević - Technical Support Analyst predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com
Mon Sep 10 07:25:52 UTC 2018

On 09/10/18 09:20, Jean-Pierre wrote:
> Francis.D wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm trying to compile smplayer. I have previously installed gcc +
>> automake
>> + autoconf
>>
>> I downloaded the source package smplayer-18.6.0.tar.bz2 package and
>> unzip.
>> Then I executed the command cd
>> root at oifanboy:~/downloads/smplayer-18.6.0#
>> When I run the command ./configure I always get this message
>> bash: ./configure: No such file or directory
>
> Being curious, I downloaded the source file, and there is
> no configure in it (actually there are a couple of them, but
> they are not targeted at building smplayer).
>
> There is a Makefile, which relies on qmake, so you have to
> install qt and adjust the Makefile to the current version of
> qt and to the appropriate paths...
>
> qt is apparently available on
> http://sfe.opencsw.org/localhostoih/en/catalog.shtml
>
> This is a good start for learning how to develop or port
> applications to OI.
>
>> I tried ./configure --prefix=usr without no success
>>
>> I also install intltool and I tried with another software * gnumeric*
>> without not more success
>>
>> If anyone have a tuto step by step OI, what I need to install for compile
>> software etc...
>>
>> thank

Hi all,

just note on qt: OI /hipster supplies 2 versions:

$ pkg info library/qt4 library/qt5 | grep FMRI
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/library/qt4@4.8.7-2018.0.0.5:20180529T173314Z
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/library/qt5@5.8.0-2018.0.0.4:20180525T010509Z

Regards.
--
Predrag Zečević
Technical Support Analyst

tel: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 15
mob: +49 - 174 - 3109288
fax: +49 - 6196 - 95058 - 94
e-mail: predrag.zecevic at 2e-systems.com

headquarter: 2e Systems GmbH, Koenigsteiner Str. 87, 65812 Bad Soden am
Taunus, Germany
registration: Amtsgericht Koenigstein (Germany), HRB 7303
managing director: Phil Douglas

http://www.2e-systems.com/ - Making your business fly!