[OpenIndiana-discuss] kde on openindiana

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:50:03 UTC 2018

Hi and welcme

There are unfortunately no packages for kde. We only want desktops that we can support. The Kde community is interested but lacking knowledge and we are restrained by lack of people.

That said i would personaly be interested if somebody starts porting and will gladly help with knowledge. And running it so we can test for problems.

Kde should not be hard. Just time consuming because it's a huge amount of software.

best point to start with compiling is https://github.com/openindiana/oi–userland it has all the makefiles to set required environment variables etc so stuff works. The best software to start would be sddm. It is independant and we could test it without the rest of kde.

In any case. I would love to see somebody take this up.

If you have any questions just ask.

If you look through todays/yesterdays mails on the list you will find more links about oi–userland

Greetings
Till wegmüller

Von meinem BlackBerry gesendet – dem sichersten Mobilgerät