[OpenIndiana-discuss] NTP not starting in Zones

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Wed Sep 12 21:26:22 UTC 2018

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but typically, I typically only set time/run NTP in the Global zone, and my observations are that, NTP in
the Global zone will take care of the GZ, HW time and everything else.

As such, I do not run NTP, or do anything else to set time, aside from configuring the TZ (time zone) in local zones.

This has generally served me well since the Solaris 10 beta's.  I wouldn't expect a local zone to be able to access the HW clock.

Am I doing this wrong?

Jerry