[OpenIndiana-discuss] Missing some major things on mate desktop

xleland xleland at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 17 22:14:43 UTC 2019

Please unsubscribe, thank you
    On Saturday, August 17, 2019, 7:42:35 AM PDT, Harry Putnam <reader at newsguy.com> wrote:

 Andreas Wacknitz <A.Wacknitz at gmx.de> writes:

> Am 17.08.19 um 02:48 schrieb Harry Putnam:
>> First, let me say it has been a very long time since I made any
>> adjustments or updates to my version of hipster.  It runs continuously
>> but I use it for vboxes and rarely use the parent OS (Hipster)
>>
>> It's a pretty old version now too:
>>
>>  uname -a
>>  SunOS 2x 5.11 illumos-a356818ef9 i86pc i386 i86pc
>>
>> I just noticed today that several things are missing from the stock
>> mate desktop, namely the first few items at top left of screen:
>>
>> Beginning with the stylized `OI' and followed by the header links, so:
>>
>> 'OI'  `Applications'  `Places'  `System'
>>
>> So I do not have access to the items normally found under those headings.
>>
>> (see small image showing from upper left corner, with a few inches
>> down and a few to the right shown)
>>

>> Is there some setting I may have made and forgot that would do that?
>> If not can anyone think of what might cause this?
> You might have removed them from the panel. You can re-add them. Just
> right-click in the panel and choose "add to panel..." (or similar, in
> German it's "Zur Leiste hinzufügen..."). You will presented a list of
> all available things and can add them to the panel.
> Alternatively there is also a menu entry "reset panel". But this will
> create default panels without any application (in my case) and you will
> have to add firefox and thunderbird starters and all the other things
> you want to have.

Thanks for the response.

Looking over the list of things offered when using `add to panel I do
not see the things missing on mine i.e.:

(as mentioned: stylized)'OI', `Applications', `Places', `System'
.... the 'OI' plus those three main header links do not appear on the
list.

Where do you find the `reset panel' item?