[OpenIndiana-discuss] Detected problem with IPv6

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Sun Aug 18 18:25:54 UTC 2019

Hi,

For the last four years I have had IPv6 configured in my home network
and it has been working perfectly, the desktop and laptops configured
with ULA and Global Addresses.
While IPv6 works perfectly within my home network and all other devices
can ping and establish out going IPv6 connections.

I have found my OpenIndiana desktop can not access the internet,
checking the Firewall/Router the traffic can be seen exitting the WAN
interface. Checking IPv6 neighbour table the Firewall/Router is
reporting that for the Link Local and Global IP Addresses are listed as
FAILED where the MAC address should be listed. All other devices are
correctly listed with LL and GA address, MAC address and are listed as
connected.

If I run ndp on my desktop there is a correct assiocation between IP and
MAC address.

Any thoughts why OpenIndiana illumos-7d724debd8  is having this problem?

Regards

Russell