[OpenIndiana-discuss] IPS idiom for local packages with no dependencies

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Tue Feb 12 00:25:34 UTC 2019

On 02/11/19 04:19 PM, Tim Mooney wrote:
> However, most packages that I would have guessed would be "leaves" are
> actually required by userland-incorporation or some other incorporation,
> so they are effectively "required".

depend type=incorporate does not mark a package required, it just sets a
constraint on what version can be installed.   When you're looking at what
packages are actually required, you need to look carefully at the type
of the depend action, and see what each type actually does in the list
in the pkg(5) man page.

	-alan-