[OpenIndiana-discuss] Closed-Source Binary Blobs?

pulaskite at yahoo.com pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 2 20:47:53 UTC 2019

 The nVidia driver is not open source, though you don't have to use it. However, it is so much better than the open source driver it's crazy not to use it.

I did a 2019.04 install 2 weeks ago for a friend because I could not get the nVidia driver to install on Debian 9.3. It was the default driver for the nVidia card in the Hipster install. Worked a treat.

Anyone who claims that a disassembler output is source code has not worked with a disassembler enough to appreciate the difference.

Reg