[OpenIndiana-discuss] Firefox 60.6.2 error

russell stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk
Tue May 7 16:06:13 UTC 2019

Hi,

After upgrading today I attempted to start Firefox via the menu but it
failed to start.

When I started it via the from the shell it generates the following message

$ firefox
Error: Platform version '60.6.1' is not compatible with
minVersion >= 60.6.2
maxVersion <= 60.6.2

In order to get the XPI extensions working with Firefox 60.6.1 I set XPI
signing option to false so all my XPI extensions would work. Thinking
this was the problem with the compatibility I set it back to true but
the problem remained.

I also moved .mozilla sideways so there were no previous settings and
attempted to start again and got the same error message

After pkg uninstall firefox-bookmarks firefox and then performing an
install I still get the error message.

Regards

Russell