[OpenIndiana-discuss] Distribution of installation media

Sebastian sgafu97 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 14:35:50 UTC 2019

Hi all,

after downloading the new install media, I thought about creating
BitTorrents for it.

The question is : Would it be more useful to have a separate one for
each variant, gui, text and minimal, including the .sha256sum- and
.sig-files, or one for everything ?

What I think could be improved are the instructions for creating ports
in oi-userland, e.g. with the auto-generation of the REQUIRED_PACKAGES
section, because I tried to write a Makefile but didn't really find
information about creating that section automatically with gmake. Or did
I maybe oversee something ?

Regards,

Sebastian