[OpenIndiana-discuss] And OpenZFS vs ZFS

John D Groenveld groenveld at acm.org
Wed Dec 30 19:48:15 UTC 2020

In message <1111377735.3530330.1609351814428 at mail.yahoo.com>, Kalle Anka via op
enindiana-discuss writes:
> I have a problem with my mail list settings, so I write one single reply, adr

What problem are you having with your mailing list settings?

>@John Groenveld,
>I had this problem that Solaris 11.3 could not import an Linux OpenZFS zpool.
>I created the zpool from Solaris 11.3 using zpool v28 and ZFS v5. Then I impor
>ted that zpool into Ubuntu 2020.10 with OpenZFS v0.8.4, and I did OpenZFS send
> and receive data to the zpool. And then Solaris v11.3 can not import the zpoo
>l again, as it is UNAVAIL. Have you tried this, and could import a zpool betwe
>en Linux and Solaris?

Yes and yes.
Solaris is able to import pools created using OI, Omnios, FreeBSD,
and Void Linux.

UNAVAIL status suggests to me that you failed to export the pool
when you created it under Solaris.

Conduct your test again and make note of each command you entered
from zpool creation and export unders Solaris, to import and export
under OpenZFS, to import on Solaris.

John
groenveld at acm.org