[OpenIndiana-discuss] WAZUH

Andreas Wacknitz A.Wacknitz at gmx.de
Thu Nov 12 18:37:49 UTC 2020

Am 12.11.20 um 18:08 schrieb bscuk2:
> Dear All,
>
> I wondered if anyone had compiled WAZUH on oi? I am not a developer.
>
> https://documentation.wazuh.com/2.1/installation-guide/installing-wazuh-agent/wazuh_agent_solaris.html
>

> Running through the installation I come across these errors. I have
> placed it in the user/share directory. Can anyone shed light on where
> I might go from here ?
>
> checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
> checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11
> checking for python3.8... no
> checking for python3... python3
> checking for --enable-universalsdk... no
> checking for --with-universal-archs... no
> checking MACHDEP... "sunos5"
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler works... no
> configure: error: in `/user/share/wazuh-master/src/external/cpython':
> See `config.log' for more details
> gmake: *** [Makefile:1679: build_python] Error 77
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert
Have you installed the meta package build-essential? This one installs
many packages that are essential for compiling own software.
Many others are needed by complex sources. My general recommendation is
to clone our oi-userland Github repository, read the documentation
and start building own packages with our build system. It's still not
easy to create arbitrary packages but it has solutions for many problems
you'll meet
on your journey of compiling software.
There is a chapter dedicted to it in our docs site:
http://docs.openindiana.org/dev/userland/

Regards,
Andreas