[OpenIndiana-discuss] How to determine what to do with a copied member of zfs fs

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sat Nov 14 16:03:53 UTC 2020

[Sorry to ramble a bit, trying to get across what I've run into. Not
sure what is important to include to allow anyone to help]

While attempting to clean up some kind of error involving one zfs fs

p0/vb2/vm2/d0

Do is a running Vbox vm that I don't want to harm.

I copied all of vm2 to vm2X including the D0 vm.

Now I've got the p0 tree in shape I wanted to delete  the copy
of my vm in vm2X/d0

I ran `sudo rm -rf vm2X' .. some files and directories in there (not inside d0)
were deleted as expected but when the process got to ./vm2X/d0 I get
the message:

,----
| sudo rm -rf vm2X
| rm: cannot remove 'vm2X/d0': Device busy
`----

Makes me think there may be some kind of link between ./vm2/d0 and the
copied dir ./vm2X/d0 and now I'm a bit afraid to try to delete it

zfs list -r p0 shows more than needs listing here .. but, p0/vb2/vm2/p0
shows up as a zfs fs as expected and nothing about vm2X/d0  also as
expected.

So what is going on with that copied VM, is it safe to continue to try
deleting it?

More importantly is there a way to determine what is going on with
./vm2x/d0 .. that makes it so it cannot be deleted??