[OpenIndiana-discuss] Cannot rename ZFS dataset of non-global zone (halted, detached)

Stephan Althaus Stephan.Althaus at Duedinghausen.eu
Tue Nov 24 20:07:47 UTC 2020

|solved|

Thanks for your input, John and Paolo,
it was a combination of your hints that worked.

After zoneadm halt and detach,
set zoned=off on the ROOT dataset,
then zfs rename.

At this point, the mountpoint cant be modified, but ...

set zoned=on  on the ROOT dataset,
zoneadm attach,
then zoneadm move
changes the mountpoints.

2 zoneadm  detach
3 zfs set zoned=off pool/dataset/ROOT
4 zfs rename pool/dataset pool/newdataset
5 zfs set zoned=on pool/dataset/ROOT
6 zoneadm attach
7 zoneadm move
8 zoneadm boot