[OpenIndiana-discuss] set which fs do/don't get snaps besides timeslider

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Fri Nov 27 01:28:05 UTC 2020

Can anyone tell me how I can avoid snapshotting on some fs.

I find using the timeslider to be sort of a non-starter.  It has a
scroll bar unlike any found in the rest of the world.

Normally a scroll bar will consist of a small short bar (handle)
setting in a longer track.  Pulling the `handle' up/down or left/right
will scroll thru a list the long track represents, but at as fast a
speed as you would like.

But, on the 'Timeslider' the handle is either the same or nearly the
same length as the track so there is no pulling to it.  Instead you
can cover the list by `clicking' or `click holding' the tiny arrows at
either end of the track.  For me, that is an extremely slow process
and if you inadvertently touch the handle... ooops ... you are reset
to where you started so any traveling you've eked out is zeroed out.

This process is so slow and painfull I'd rather remove my own kidney
with a claw hammer.

There must be some other way to do this.