[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP Z240

Robert Pasken rpasken at eas.slu.edu
Fri Nov 27 17:09:21 UTC 2020

I have an HP Z240 I'd like to install the curent Hipster on, however, I
am having very little luck. The system is listed on the  community HCL
in the "servers reported to work or certified with Solaris 11.x". When I
start the install, the system reboots as soon as it tries to start X11.
Using a vesa video driver brings the system up, but the install
immediately drops a core as does gparted/parted. Running DDU shows that
drivers for the Intel Sunrise Point C230 chip (SATA, USB3, thermal
sensors) are missing. I do not find any reference to the Sunrise Point
chip except a reference to the USB3 interface. The reference says that
the driver for USB3 now works. The systems runs Linux/FreeBSD without
problems.

A Dell precision 3420 with the same chip set fails in exact the same way

Does anyone have a clue as to how to get openindiana installed on this
system

--
Illegitimi non carborundum
RWP