[OpenIndiana-discuss] HP Z240

Judah Richardson judahrichardson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 17:24:07 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:10 AM Robert Pasken <rpasken at eas.slu.edu> wrote:

> I have an HP Z240 I'd like to install the curent Hipster on, however, I
> am having very little luck. The system is listed on the  community HCL
> in the "servers reported to work or certified with Solaris 11.x". When I
> start the install, the system reboots as soon as it tries to start X11.
> Using a vesa video driver brings the system up, but the install
> immediately drops a core as does gparted/parted. Running DDU shows that
> drivers for the Intel Sunrise Point C230 chip (SATA, USB3, thermal
> sensors) are missing.

No chipset drivers for my Dell OptiPlex 390 MT
<https://github.com/jdrch/Hardware/blob/master/Dell%20OptiPlex%20390%20MT.md>
(full specs at link) either. Your symptoms sound familiar to the problems I
was having. Here's
<https://github.com/jdrch/Hardware/wiki/How-to-Install-OpenIndiana> how I
got it up and running (twice, since I wound up having to clean reinstall
due to an SSD upgrade).

Hi from Quad Cities, IA BTW. Just up the road from you.

I do not find any reference to the Sunrise Point