[OpenIndiana-discuss] Openindiana boot kvm lmde4

Joel Lapointe joellapointe1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 1 00:53:23 UTC 2020

Hi,

I installed OpenIndiana 20.05.04 in Quemu/KVM Gui (Virtual Machine
Manager libvirt).

It has a boot loop if I use default boot (1. Multiuser...). So I tried
2. Single User. It gave me this :

     " Enter user name for system maintenance (control-d to bypass):"

So I entered with root ans my root password. It gave me a terminal "#".

So I tried "startx" to see if it gives me the mate desktop. It doesn't,
it gave a minimal "x" gui with 2 terminal windows.

Here is my question : How is it possible to start mate desktop with the
system maintenance terminal?

Thank you

Joel Lapointe