[OpenIndiana-discuss] Printing from Firefox does not work

Tim Mooney Tim.Mooney at ndsu.edu
Wed Oct 14 19:42:21 UTC 2020

In regard to: [OpenIndiana-discuss] Printing from Firefox does not work,...:

> I have the print queue `xerox' defined in CUPS.  PRINTER=xerox is in
> the environment in every terminal window and in Firefox.  I can
> display this queue with `lpq' and print to it with `lpr ...'.  It does
> appear in /etc/printers.conf .  Still, in Firefox, the print dialog
> box only gives me one option: print to file.  How do I get Firefox to
> give me another option for printing to the `xerox' queue?  I only have
> the one printer.
>
> Do I need to share this printer in CUPS?  Is that it?  Something else?

I don't think you need to share it, but I'm not certain.  It's been a long
time since I set up printing on my hipster workstation and I don't
remember if I had to do anything special to get firefox to see the queues.

What does

 	pkg list | egrep -i print

output?

Tim
Enterprise Computing & Infrastructure /
Division of Information Technology    /                701-231-1076 (Voice)