[OpenIndiana-discuss] Printing from Firefox does not work

John D Groenveld groenveld at acm.org
Thu Oct 15 03:28:12 UTC 2020

In message <20201015005553.GA8171 at imap.fastmail.com>, Gary Mills writes:
>Thanks.  I now understand that it's possible.  I only need to know
>what I have to do to make it work for me.

I've reproduced the missing CUPS printers in firefox in a Hipster VM.
Unfortunately on subsequent reboot the CUPS printers appear and
I forgot to take a snapshot before the bounce so I can't tell you
where things went sideways.

Perhaps a missing service restart?
root at openindiana:~# svcs -a|egrep -i 'print|cups'
disabled       22:56:38 svc:/network/device-discovery/printers:snmp
disabled       22:56:52 svc:/application/cups/in-lpd:default
online         22:56:42 svc:/application/print/service-selector:default
online         23:01:01 svc:/application/cups/scheduler:default

Happy hunting,
John
groenveld at acm.org