[OpenIndiana-discuss] Instalation of Qt5

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 09:49:28 UTC 2020

Hello,

Today I tried to install Qt5 on a system with
illumos-28de4f3c32 that was installed in September
2020. I entered the command

# pkg install Qt5

and indeed Qt5 was installed on my system.
For some reason I had to log out and when I tried
to log in again, the system refused to allow me to
log in and displayed the followoing message:

Could not connect to session bus: Failed to connect
to socket /tmp/dbus-m55qeyVeV2: Connection refused

Fortunately, the pkg command created a backup boot
environment so I deactivated the current BE and
activated the previously active BE. The moral?
Do not upgrade now. How to fix the problem? I have
no idea.

Regards,

Apostolos