[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installation in KVM for OSS porting

Socat Project socat at dest-unreach.org
Mon Oct 19 11:39:35 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'd like to test compile my open source software project on actual
Solaris/Opensolaris/Openindiana platform.

What I tried so far:

I installed OI-Hipster 2020.04 from DVD image in a KVM on Ubuntu-18.04.
This was tricky because something poisoned the text fields with escape
sequence ^[[210z every two seconds or so - challenging in the password
fields... (issue 1)

This installation booted successfully; the console login suffered from
the escape injections, but ssh worked.

The first attempts of using pkg failed because the installer had
generated a LANG whose locale package was not installed (issue 2)

Then I did "pkg refresh; pkg update" and rebooted, and now the KVM is
stuck in a boot loop (issue 3).

Any hints, or is a compile farm available somewhere?

Regards
Gerhard