[OpenIndiana-discuss] Installation in KVM for OSS porting

Till Wegmüller toasterson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 12:56:24 UTC 2020

Hi

This escape sequence is the "Print Screen" Button. Spice clients use
that keypress as keep-alive signal. The "Print screen" Button is unknown
to illumos, solaris as Sun keyboards did not use to have that key. We
noticed some months ago and added support for that key so this should
not happen anymore. I though this was already in 2020.04 but maybe not.

If you have vagrant installed you can use the Official Vagrant box as an
installation. It has a libvirt image available. [0]
These are updated monthly. I heartly recommend vagrant for managing VM's
for OS porting.

As for your installation. If the escape sequence has made it into the
language selection you can try to edit it in /etc/default/init

Also we have a feature called boot_environments which allow you to
always go back to a state before the update in the boot loader. Try to
boot the old environment after installation if the new one does not work.

Hope this helps
Till

[0] https://app.vagrantup.com/openindiana/boxes/hipster