[OpenIndiana-discuss] How is this possible?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 23:55:48 UTC 2021

If I come up in single user mode aka "fail safe", I can see all 3 system pools and import them.  Two don't mount  properly because / is read only, but I can scrub them all without any problems.  I suppose -R would fix that, but it really didn't seem important.  I just wanted to scrub the pools.

But when I boot multiuser I can't find one of the 3 pools. "zpool import" doesn't report it and "zpool -f import spool" produces a "no such pool" message.

I've been swapping hardware a good bit, but this is beyond weird.

I keep looking to see if Rod Serling is standing near by smoking a cigarette.

Reg