[OpenIndiana-discuss] How is this possible?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 13:00:23 UTC 2021

I'd been working on a script to reformat disk error messages from /var/adm/messages to the logical device name and had done a "devfsadm -C -c disk" with the scratch pool disk out of the system. Naturally when I put it back in, the system couldn't find it.

At this point it is unclear if the MB, cage or both are bad. The current configuration only has the disks from the original system installed. Everything else has been replaced.

It's possible that the replacement disk is bad. It had been sitting unopened for 4 years, but that doesn't guarantee it's good. I'm testing the disk I pulled just in case it's OK and the problem was the cage or MB.

Reg