[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where do ECC errors get logged?

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 12 21:06:06 UTC 2021

My Hipster 2017.10  system had an ECC error on DIMM 4 which I noted on a PostIt note on the side of the PSU so long ago I don't recall it.  In searching /var/adm/messages I cannot find mention of an ECC error.

Internet search produced nothing useful.

I bought what I thought was new memory from memorystock.com.  It was used  and after 5.5 days my S10 u8 system kernel panicked on a null pointer dereference in unix at 3 am.  I'm now running Hipster 2020.10 on it in hopes that  will identify the bad DIMM.

Reg