[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where do ECC errors get logged?

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Mon Apr 12 21:16:14 UTC 2021

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 14:06, Reginald Beardsley via
openindiana-discuss <openindiana-discuss at openindiana.org> wrote:
> My Hipster 2017.10  system had an ECC error on DIMM 4 which I noted on a PostIt note on the side of the PSU so long ago I don't recall it.  In searching /var/adm/messages I cannot find mention of an ECC error.
>
> Internet search produced nothing useful.

It depends a lot on whether the system firmware reports the errors to
the OS or not.  You can see what FMA ereports were generated, if
indeed there were any, via:

    # fmdump -e

There are a lot of flags that cover filtering which reports to emit,
and how much detail to display:

    https://illumos.org/man/1M/fmdump

The combination "-eVp" may well be helpful, if you want to dig in on
all the data we stored for each report.

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow