[OpenIndiana-discuss] Where do ECC errors get logged?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Mon Apr 12 21:18:02 UTC 2021

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021, Reginald Beardsley via openindiana-discuss wrote:

> My Hipster 2017.10 system had an ECC error on DIMM 4 which I noted
> on a PostIt note on the side of the PSU so long ago I don't recall
> it.  In searching /var/adm/messages I cannot find mention of an ECC
> error.

That is good since if ECC errors happened rapidly, then there would be
many messages.

> Internet search produced nothing useful.

Read the manual pages regarding 'fmadm', 'fmdump', and 'fmstat'.  In
particular, I believe that 'fmstat' will output the data that you are
looking for. When I had memory ECC errors that is how I was able to
see them.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn