[OpenIndiana-discuss] Realtek RTL8125 Ethernet Card

Joshua M. Clulow josh at sysmgr.org
Fri Apr 16 18:22:50 UTC 2021

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 at 10:05, russell <stream at willows7.myzen.co.uk> wrote:
> As my current system already has a Realtek RTL8111/8168/84211 card built
> in and I needed a second interface a installed a Realtek RTL8125 card.
> In order to get it recognised I had add the entry to /etc/driver_aliases
>
> rge "pci10ec,8125"
>
> This allowed the interface to recognised but it autos to 100M full
> duplex while the built in operates at 1000M full duplex.

If the driver is working correctly (including sending and receiving
data on the network) it would be good to get a bug filed to add that
alias to the package in illumos:

    https://www.illumos.org/projects/illumos-gate/issues/new

e.g., a similar recent bug for adding an alias for an ahci card:

    https://www.illumos.org/issues/13599

Cheers.

--
Joshua M. Clulow