[OpenIndiana-discuss] RAIDZ2 root pool install fun :-(

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 20 00:39:55 UTC 2021

With the information in the link John posted I was able to get Hipster 2020.10 to install into a RAIDZ2 pool using almost all of the 4 TB disks via the text installer on the GUI Live Image. There's a 250 MB "SYSTEM" slice on each disk, but that's about $0.01 USD today.

I still need to deal with installing the correct nVIDIA driver and there is something strange going on with the USB keyboard and mouse. Even when I plugged them in directly without the KVM switch one or the other would become non-responsive.

But for the first 6-7 hours with a new system I'm *very* pleased to have gotten so far.

rhb at 2020-10-txt:~$ zfs list
NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
rpool1 16.1G 6.81T 215K /rpool1
rpool1/ROOT 6.10G 6.81T 140K legacy
rpool1/ROOT/openindiana 6.10G 6.81T 5.61G /
rpool1/ROOT/openindiana/var 494M 6.81T 488M /var
rpool1/dump 3.96G 6.81T 3.96G -
rpool1/export 3.03M 6.81T 140K /export
rpool1/export/home 2.89M 6.81T 140K /export/home
rpool1/export/home/rhb 2.76M 6.81T 2.76M /export/home/rhb
rpool1/swap 6.01G 6.82T 81.4K -
rhb at 2020-10-txt:~$ zpool status
 pool: rpool1
 state: ONLINE
 scan: none requested
config:

 NAME STATE READ WRITE CKSUM
 rpool1 ONLINE 0 0 0
 raidz2-0 ONLINE 0 0 0
 c0t5000039A7B78030Fd0 ONLINE 0 0 0
 c0t5000039A7B7002F3d0 ONLINE 0 0 0
 c0t5000039A7B700306d0 ONLINE 0 0 0
 c0t5000039A7B700305d0 ONLINE 0 0 0

errors: No known data errors

But I *really* don't like those long winded disk names.

Have Fun!
Reg