[OpenIndiana-discuss] 2021.04_rc1 on Z840 crashes after install

Reginald Beardsley pulaskite at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 21 16:11:05 UTC 2021

The Desktop Live Image boots properly from the GUI iso, however on reboot it crashes.

I collected log files along the way

single_user_from_DVD
all_before_install
post_install_before_reboot
single_user_after_reboot
single_user_after_crash

log files posted to #13706.  An initial look at the Xorg.0.log suggests that the crash is being caused by not unloading the vesa module as that gets unloaded on the Live Image Desktop boot when it is running the 390 driver properly.

I'm going to try creating an xorg.conf file by hand after lunch.

I've got vmcore.0, but it's too big to upload.  I don't know mdb well enough to know what to do.  But if someone will provide instructions I'll collect what data I can.

Reg