[OpenIndiana-discuss] The kiss of death

Toomas Soome tsoome at me.com
Sat Apr 24 21:06:16 UTC 2021

> On 24. Apr 2021, at 23:56, Nelson H. F. Beebe <beebe at math.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the additional suggestions to get the CentOS-7 based
> OpenIndiana to boot.  Here is what I get:
>
> 	boot: status
> 	disk device:
> 	    disk0:   BIOS driver C (167772160 X 512)
> 	      disk0s1: Solaris 2             79GB
> 		disk0s1a: root               79GB
> 		disk0s1i: root             8032KB

Why there are two root slices? it should not disturb us but still weird. anyhow, can you mail me full partition table, format -> verify or partition -> print.ole disk

Since this is VM and no dual-boot, I recommend to only do whole disk setup (that is, GPT automatically prepared). But for now, I wonder how your current slices are defined:)

rgds,
toomas