[OpenIndiana-discuss] N54L any known issues?

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Sun Aug 8 20:50:12 UTC 2021

Hi Michelle!

> I know that the other N54L was failing drives on one of the SATA
> channels and my conclusion is that it wasn't the drives at fault... so
> I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of SATA channel breakdowns on
> the N54L units.

I had several Microservers in operation for several years (until the
total destruction of my office during the flood on July 14th/15th),
one or more of the N30L/N40L/N54L models, all with the modded BIOS.

I never had any problems with the SATA bays.  Mostly I had HGST disks,
but also some Seagate and Toshiba.  All worked fine.

Best regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt        Consulting and Support for Solaris-based Systems
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"