[OpenIndiana-discuss] OI install on current gen desktop motherboards?

Till Wegmueller toasterson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 00:55:01 UTC 2021

Hey Carl

I don't know about Intel newest gen Most developers in illumos which we
are based on are on AMD Ryzen now.

If you don't know if one of the illumos developers runs a modern Chipset
there is a good chance it's a bit too modern and will need custom build
again.

I know one illumos developers was recently asking for somebody to test
Ryzen3 Support but nobody volunteered.

-Till