[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS 0+1 across disparate drives

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Wed Dec 1 08:31:51 UTC 2021

This is probably going to be a stupid question, as I know that several
year ago, the answer to this question would be no... but times change.

Like many people, I have a collection of disparate drives sitting
around doing nothing.

I was thinking of getting them together in a RAID 1+0 configuration.

Say I was to put a 2tb, three 4tb and a 6tb together (a 2 and two 4
would make 10 and the other 4 and the 6 would also make 10)

Would that be possible with ZFS now?

Michelle.