[OpenIndiana-discuss] ZFS 0+1 across disparate drives

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Wed Dec 1 11:55:21 UTC 2021

I'm trying to achieve a resilient way of bringing together all my older
drives for a backup solution using scraps of whatever I can get my
hands on.

I have closing on 12TB of data so even the 10 won't be enough to back
everything up, but this is as much for the exercise of doing it, as
achieving anything solid. It won't be under pressure, but I'd rather
push the envelope and see what I can do.

So how would the command go?

zpool create tank raidz mirror drive1 drive2 mirror drive3 drive4
drive5

...which is where I come unstuck with the 2TB drive in the mix.